One thing that always worries Philippine punters when playing casino games online or doing sports betting at sites is whether the casino or bookie will accept their own native currency or not. Well, the answer is some what disappointing as there are very very few online sites (located offshore) that accept PESO (PHP) or PISO the Philippine currency. Peso is a currency that is subdivided into 100 centavos or sentimos in Filipino. As a former colony of the United States, the country used English on its currency, with the word “peso” appearing on notes and coinage until 1967. Since the adoption of the usage of the Filipino language on banknotes and coins, the term “piso” is now used. Since 2017, the ISO 4217 standard refers to the currency by the Filipino term “piso”.
Few Interesting Facts of Peso
- The peso is usually denoted by the symbol “₱”. Other ways of writing the Philippine peso sign are “PHP”, “PhP”, “Php”, “P$”, or just “P”. This symbol is unique to the Philippines as the symbol used for the peso in countries like Mexico and other former colonies of Spain in Latin America is
- Banknotes and coins of the Philippines are minted and printed at the Security Plant Complex of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank of the Philippines) in Quezon City.
- In 1969 the “Pilipino Series” of notes were introduced in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 pesos. The “Ang Bagong Lipunan Series” was introduced in 1973 and included 2-peso notes. A radical change occurred in 1985, when the CBP issued the “New Design Series” with 500-peso notes introduced in 1987, 1,000-peso notes (for the first time) in 1991 and 200-peso notes in 2002.
- The “New Design Series” refer to Philippine banknotes issued from 1985 to 1993. It was then renamed into the “BSP Series” due to the re-establishment of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas from 1993 to 2010. It was succeeded by the “New Generation Currency” series issued on December 16, 2010.
- The New Design/BSP Series banknotes were still in print until 2013. Existing banknotes remained legal tender until the start of the demonetization process on January 1, 2015. The bills were originally to be demonetized by January 1, 2017, but the deadline for exchanging the old banknotes was extended twice, on June 30, 2017 and December 29, 2017. After that date, all NDS/BSP banknotes were demonetized and are no longer a liability of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
Currency exchange rate of PESO
If you find an online casino that doesn’t accept PESO then obviously you want to know the currency exchange rate of PESO when making a deposit at the online casino to play games of your choice. You can find the latest currency exchange rates of PESO against EUROS or US DOLLARS or CA DOLLARS at the online sites like Google Finance; Yahoo Finance; XE.com; Oanda; FXtop and others.
Three renowned online casinos that accept PESO as deposit currency for Filipinos
Here are the three renowned online casinos that accept PESO as deposit currency for Philippine punters.
1. Royal Vegas Casino
Royal Vegas casino is most renowned online casino that accepts Philippine punters. We at playandwinmanila.ph practically experienced depositing with PESO and customer support staff is also very friendly helping you out in each of your casino gaming sessions 24/7.
All you need to do is when you open your casino account or say register yourself for the first time at Royal Vegas just mention your currency deposit option as PESO and get going.
2. Fortune Room
With over 600 games Fortune room also accepts PESO as currency to make a deposit at the casino to enjoy slots and other casino games. Like Royal Vegas here also at the time of joining the casino simply mention your own currency to register yourself for real money play. If you find any difficulty click on live chat and ask the help team to guide you.
3. Vegas Palms
Vegas Palms is another well known online casino that accept PESO. This online site offers 200% deposit match bonus to enjoy over 600 games to play. Licensed and regulated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) and Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) this casino is fair and secure and like other two above casinos you need to mention PESO when you register yourself at the online casino. Again note you can ask the customer support anytime you feel you have a doubt in making a deposit with PESO.
Other casinos that might allow you to use PESO
There are few casinos online that might allow you to use PESO. You can ask their customer support team for the deposit currency. Moreover these casinos offer Bitcoins which makes things much easier to play casino games with real money.
Royal Panda allows Mexican PESO but doesn’t clarify in their banking list the option to use Philippines PESO. Licensed by Malta’s Lotteries and Gaming Authority this casino offers over 200 slots to play, live dealer tables, table games, sporte betting and lotto games.
The casino is powered by Microgaming Quickfire platform, which means that the best games, developed by the company over the last decade, are available for instant play once you create an account. The casino also offers games, provided by other developers such as the NetEnt,Quickpin, Leander Games, NextGen, etc. However, the live dealer games, available at Royal Panda have been developed by Evolution Gaming.
It’s again no PESO casino but allows players to play in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoins with BTC bonuses. The casino is legit to play as is regulated by Curacao eGaming and is not a new casino but a reputed one having its market hold for more than 17 years. Offers over 800 games including live casino, sports betting and binary stocks. Such wide variety of games are powered by brand software developers like BetSoft, Rival, Pragmatic Play, Vig and Parlay Entertainment.
You get 25 free spins to play slots games. You need to create your account at the casino to grab more promotions. When you make your first deposit at the casino your deposit amount is tripled with 200% match bonus. This is followed by your three more deposits and you get 100% match bonus , but for your final fifth deposit you get 175% match bonus.
Slotocash casino also does not accpet PESO but accepts Bitcoin deposits to play real money slots and games. This casino came to existence in 2007 and is licensed by Gaming Authority of Curacao and works on Real Time Gaming (RTG) backed software. You can enjoy access to over 170 slot game titles alongwith other games.
You get an awesome welcome bonus when you create real money account where you get $7777 plus 50 spins as a Match bonus which covers your first five deposits.
You can ask these casinos help support team for PESO deposits.
Note then you make a deposit with Credit or Debit cards there are minimum deposit limits. The most commonly accepted brands are Visa, MasterCard (MaestroCard) and American Express. There can sometimes be a low percentage fee attached to credit card or debit card deposits, but these are often waived for the first deposit (and possible subsequent deposits), but this is up to the casino’s discretion.
Deposited funds should be available shortly after completing the deposit. Additional documentation, such as your driver’s license (or other form of ID), credit card statement, etc., may be required before being eligible to use your card but this is a cautionary step taken to validate your identity and protect your financial/personal information.
- The minimum deposit you can make with credit card is 1295.88 PHP and maximum deposit is 25917.50 PHP
- If you make a deposit with Neteller the minimum deposit is 518 PHP and maximum deposit is 129587.50 PHP
- If you deposit with Skrill the minimum deposit is 518 PHP and maximum deposit is 129587.50 PHP
- If you use Prepaid MST Gift Cards the minimum deposit is 1036.70 PHP and maximum deposit is 25917.50 PHP
- If you fund your casino account with Western Union the minimum deposit is 2591.75 PHP and maximum deposit is 51835 PHP
All the online casinos accepting PESO are safe and secure ad these reputed sites use online data bit encryption and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protection to safeguard all personal and financial information.