Y Connect App launched for Yamaha Motorcycles in Philippines
- Yamaha Philippines launches Y-Connect app for motorcycles
- Yamaha app to link with select new models
To build a strong relationship with the rider and his motorcycle Yamaha Philippines has launched a new app called the Y-Connect app. Following the footsteps of the Rev Buddy app that takes care of shopping and servicing needs, the Y-Connect app hopes to take things further by giving the rider a closer look into the performance of his motorcycles.
The idea of this app came from Yamaha’s original Film, The Link, that can be viewed on their website and social media page.
The Y-Connect app was designed to connect directly with models equipped with Y-Connect. This app is designed to connect your phone to the motorcycle, allowing riders to see notifications for calls and messages on the motorcycle’s instrument panel. It also allows the app to show the motorcycle’s vital information, like status, fuel consumption, last known location, and even offer service reminders.
The main advantages of the Y-Connect application on the CCU (Communication Control Unit) device technology are:
1. Parking location – The Y-Connect application will save the last parking location where the motorcycle was disconnected from the smartphone. The Y-Connect app records your motorcycle’s last known paired location. This allows you to easily locate where you parked, especially in unfamiliar areas.
Note if the machine has been moved after turning off the engine, it cannot be tracked via this function. Pairing remains up to 3 meters and if connected to the internet. During 1st time use, location will be recorded after turning off the motorcycle.
2. Telephone, email, and message notifications – Provides notification on the speedometer screen when a call or message/email comes to the smartphone. Achieve personal riding goals and be part of a community of riders. You can keep track of your records and share it with Y-Connect riders everywhere. The Logs of records resets every month.
3. Maintenance recommendations – Helping users to get the real condition of engine oil and battery voltage (battery) and provide recommendations for maintenance. Never miss your next maintenance service appointment when you receive automatic recommendations regarding your battery voltage and when you need to have your oil changed.
4. Fuel consumption – Helps users analyze current fuel consumption. Track your fuel usage when you ride and plot re-fueling stops for your trips. Previous logs can also be tracked for efficient planning of your next ride.
5. Malfunction Notification – Provides notification via the Y-Connect application and email if there is a problem with the motorcycle. Be notified of any electrical, malfunction to your motorcycle. Gain access to your diagnostic record and service history which will be sent to your email. (email notification optional)
6. Revs Dashboard – Displays data such as engine rotation throttle opening angle, acceleration, economical driving.
Provides everything you need to maximize your riding experience (RPM, economical driving acceleration, intake manifold temp & radiator water temp and more)
How To Connect Y Connect App To Your Motorcycle?
First pick your mobile be it Android or iOS and download the Y connect App on your smartphone
Click here to download the free app for iPhone
Click here to download the free app for Android
Now connect your Yamaha bike to the Y Connect App
- You need a WIFI or Internet connection to connect with the app
- Also connect via Bluetooth with communication control unit (CCU)
- Motorcyle must be turned on to pair it with the app
- Scan QR Code on Motorcycle
- To find the location of the CCU on your vehicle open the owners manual pages 6.1 and 6.2
- Then scan bar code vehicle frame number. Bar code sticker of frame numberis attached on the rear fender
- You can manully enter the vehicle frame number also which you can find stamped on the motorcycle frame.
- The App icon & Smartphone Battery Indicator will be appeared on the speedometer. The words “CONNECTED” will be appeared on the Home page of the Y-Connect application
Now you are all done and have paired your motorcycle successfully.
Watch the video below as how to connect
Once connected to the motorcycle, the app starts up with a Revs Dashboard. This screen displays all the data that’s not on the motorcycle panel such as degree of throttle opening, engine rpm, rate of acceleration and an eco-friendly riding indicator.
Another awesome feature is the Fuel Consumption Tracker. This lets riders track their fuel consumption and even help plot re-fueling stops for long rides. It also keeps a record of previous logs so you can better plan your next long ride.
If you’re feeling competitive, there’s also global ranking for mileage and eco riding points. This function shows how you compare against other riders around the world.
It works with the phone’s GPS to provide Parking Locations. The app records your motorcycle’s last known paired location. This allows you to easily locate where you parked, which is useful especially in unfamiliar areas. (If the machine has been moved after turning off the engine, it cannot be tracked via this function. Pairing remains up to 3 meters and if connected to the internet. During first time use, location will be recorded after turning off the motorcycle.)
It lets you know about your motorcycle’s health through Treatment Recommendation. With this function, you can easily check your motorcycle’s oil and battery status, making it easy for you to schedule your next periodical maintenance.
As mentioned above if there’s a problem, you’ll get a Malfunction Notification. This informs you of any electrical malfunction or issues through a notification and an advisory to visit a service center. The diagnostic info for the issue will be sent to your email.
It also integrates well with your phone. Once paired, you will receive notifications for calls, texts, messages, and emails right on the dashboard of your motorcycle. For anything urgent you can stop on the side and attend to it.
You can connect various Yamaha motorcycle models to the Y connect app even the new ones like the new Nmax and new Aerox. Also you can connect with a wider variety of models like the Mio family and like the MT-15 and YZF-R15.